The professional staff at Capital Women’s Care carefully reviewed the links below, to provide sources that promote women’s health. Please note: we cannot always guarantee their validity, nor do we always agree with their content.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists www.acog.com This official Web site of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists provides a physician directory, health columns, post-graduate courses and much more.
- National Women’s Health Resource Center www.healthywomen.org NWHRC’s mission is to educate women about health issues that concern them the most, and to help women make more informed decisions about their health.
- National Osteoporosis Foundation www.nof.org The National Osteoporosis Foundation is a leading resource for up-to-date, medically sound information on the causes, prevention, detection and treatment of osteoporosis.
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition www.ovarian.org The National Ovarian Cancer Coalition seeks to raise awareness and promote education about ovarian cancer.
- The North American Menopause Society www.menopause.org The North American Menopause Society (NAMS) is a nonprofit organization that provides a forum for a multitude of scientific disciplines with an interest in the human female menopause.
- Baby Center.com www.babycenter.com BabyCenter.com provides expectant and new parents with trusted, high-quality information on pregnancy and baby, a supportive online community, and a baby store featuring thousands of products.
Umbilical Cord Banking
- Cord Blood Registry www.cordblood.com Your online resource for information on umbilical cord blood and the services available through the Cord Blood Registry, the largest family bank of cord blood stem cells in the United States.
- Viacord www.viacord.com We encourage our expecting mom’s to visit www.Viacord.com and learn why preserving your baby’s umbilical cord blood at the time of birth may be one of the most important decisions you can make for your baby’s and your family’s future.
- Cryo-Cell www.cryo-cell.com Stem cells from umbilical cord blood are known to treat over 70 diseases, and have been used in over 8,000 transplants worldwide. We invite you to visit this website to learn more about the important decision of banking your baby’s umbilical cord blood. Once you’ve learned all the facts, you won’t trust anyone else but Cryo-Cell Cord Blood Bank to protect your family.
- Girlshealth.gov www.girlshealth.gov This site was created to help girls (ages 10-16) learn about health, growing up, and issues they may face. It focuses on health topics that girls are concerned about and helps motivate them to choose healthy behaviors by using positive, supportive, and non-threatening messages. The site gives girls reliable, useful information on the health issues they will face as they become young women and tips on handling relationships with family and friends, at school and at home.
- American Heart Association www.goredforwomen.org The American Heart Association Women’s Web site gives women of all ages the facts on women’s heart disease and stroke.
- American Medical Association www.ama-assn.org The official Web site of the American Medical Association.
- American Psychological Association www.apa.org The official Web site of the American Psychological Association.
- Mayo Clinic Health Oasis www.mayohealth.org This online information source has an extensive women’s health section.
- National Library of Medicine www.nlm.nih.gov The National Library of Medicine Web site provides diverse health information.
- Prevention Magazine’s Healthy Ideas www.prevention.com Health-related information from the publishers of Prevention magazine.